Sunday, September 16, 2007

Spongy Cup Cakes

Got this recipe from fellow blogger Baking Mum. Do check out her amazing blog!

This is really easy to do! The texture's really light and fluffy, and if you're into cakes like Ji Dan Gao, you should really try this! If you're not just add a drop or two of vanilla essence or any other flavoring, I'm sure it's just as nice!


..:::Paper cups lined with baking paper:::..

..:::The ingredients ( recipe below ):::..


..:::The cakes in the oven:::..


..:::Cooling the cakes:::..


..:::Viola! Great to whip up and serve if you have unexpected guest coming over:::..


The recipe:

Ingredients:

4 eggs
100 gm cake flour
100 gm castor sugar
12 gm spongecake stabliser (about 3/4 tbsp)
25 gm milk
90 gm melted butter

1. Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.Beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until ribbon stage. This means that if you use your whisk with batter to write an "8" on the batter won't sink in but will appear visible for a while. This will be the right constitency for your batter.
2.Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
3.Line some waxed papercups with baking paper. Pour batter into the lined cups abt 3/4 full and bake it in a preheated oven at 190C for about 20 mins.
4.When done, remove the cake from the cup immediately and leave it on wire rack to cool.
5. Makes about 10 cups depending on the size of the paper cups.

Recipe from http://bakingmum.blogspot.com

So, I was so happy of my success that I made another batch, only this time I bake it in a 8" round baking tray.



The moment after I took this photo, the cake deflated like a balloon! I've never had success with cakes... Arghhh!! Don't ask me why... Darn! And I've prepared the whipping cream too! So, I cut it into half and did up half a cake......

My decorating skills sucks too.. as you can see in the pictures below.. Hur Hur..


Oh well... I shall try again.. Sigh..

0 comments: