Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tonight's Menu..



The only Gumbo I've ever tried was from Botak Jone's. This recipe is slightly thicker, but still quite alike. I replaced the Creole Seasoning with Cajun Seasoning, because I didn't have enough ingredients for the Creole.
This recipe could feed a dozen... I've cut it in half and there's still enough left for two generous helping after feeding the four of us!
Cooking the roux (pronounced as rue) was quite a challenge too! It was rather freaky, firstly having no idea what it was until this morning when I was researching the recipe. And the smell! Cooking butter with flour till it turned dark mahogany is rather smelly! For a while there I thought I did something wrongly! Ha!
Well, I got rather good reviews from the family (Hubby) and friends.. If you're up to it, do give it a try too!

0 comments: