Sunday, February 24, 2008

All you need is... support!

Just came back from dinner with the cousins.. Hubby is busy with work projects right now, so here I am, blogging again.

From the day we found out that we were expecting, I realised that it's very important to surround yourself with supportive people! Not only your Hubby, and family but friends as well!
Hubby, bless him, was surprisingly ecstatic about our little one, though we've not plan to start a family so soon. Mum, Dad and Sis were very happy, excited and concerned as well. Mum, is worried, as a Mum always does, about my well being because I'm not staying anywhere near her. You can hear her concern, when talking over the phone. She'll keep reminding me not to lift anything heavy and eat healthy. It's so heartwarming to know that no matter what, you'll always have her to turn to! Sis, is adamant to have a little niece, so she could play dress up with. Dad on the other hand, wants a little boy with nice long hair!
Support from my cousins comes in another form! Cousin Eldon and wife, Edlyn, we've recently learned, is expecting a baby boy who'll join this world about 10 days earlier than our little one. Cousin Ming and wife, MeiLing is also expecting their precious a month after us! We share informations on pregnancy and motherhood as well as supporting each other when there's worries and misgivings. We are all, after all, first time parents!
It's also important to have support from friends around you! It's great when you hear from long time friends, sending regards when they hear of your pregnancy! I'm especially grateful to pretty mummy, Angel, who gave so many valuable advices.. Thanks babe! I can feel your enthusiasm through the sms's!
There are days when I've lots of doubts if I'll ever make a good mother. There are days when I'm unsure if I'll be able to cope when our little one comes along. But having supports from family and friends definitely make it easier and eased those doubts! I still don't know if I'll make a good mother, but I'll definitely try my very best! :)
Enough mushiness.. below are two scans of our little one:

..:::9 weeks old:::..



..:::12 weeks old:::..


You can see the hands covering his/hers eyes at the 2nd scan.. cute huh! The doctor says the baby's shy! Ha! If he/her is anything like the father, I seriously doubt so..
The 2 scans were taken on our 1st and 2nd visit. On the 3rd visit we didn't do any scan, but the doctor let us hear the heartbeat. It was super endearing to hear the heartbeats going thump thump thump.. and it was super fast! This coming week will be the baby's 20th week.. and we pray to see a healthy baby on the scan this Tuesday!

0 comments: